10 September 2008

Spore Pt. II

So, Spore has been released. Have I bought it yet? No. Why? I'm not made of money. Yes, I have money. Just not in the ammounts that allow me to buy the game at this moment. The version I'd like costs US $79.95. This is for what is known as the Galactic Edition.

The Spore Galactic Edition contains:

Spore Game DVD (PC/Mac compatible)
"The Making of Spore" DVD. An exclusive behind the scenes documentary on the making of Spore.
"How to Build a Better Being" DVD. A 50-minute evolution documentary by the National Geographic Channel featuring Will Wright and Spore.
"The Art of Spore." A 128 page hardback book featuring Spore artwork and stories from Maxis' artists.
Exclusive 100-page Galactic Handbook
Exclusive Spore poster
All in a collectable 'Spore Glyphics' hard plastic box

True, US$80 may not seem like a lot. For me it is. That same ammount gets me four fill-ups of gasoline (petrol for my UK readers). It's groceries for a couple of weeks. Frugal shoppers that Jen and I are, this is decent ammount of food.
It's quite a few things.

I could just get the regular edition of the game. US$49.95. Still a hefty ammount to spend.

Spore can wait. Spore: Galactic Edition can wait. Putting food in our stomachs and gasoline in our cars can't.

I'll keep you up to date on this all.

-More to come

No comments: