21 April 2008

My job

I work for a local manufacturing company and we make envelopes for photos, cd-rom, perishable foods, beauty products and various other uses. Right now the job stinks. It's been slow for the last month. Normally we have enough work coming in to keep us busy for months.
Since the middle of March we've had enough to run one or two folders. Maybe
even three on a good day. And then for only one or two days of the week.
I've been outside doing "landscape" work. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the outdoors.
And it is giving me something to do. It's just not what I am normally paid to do.
But, that work is now done, and I have to find other things to do.

I have painted, weeded, raked, filled divots, cleaned, scraped until it looks
as though the plant was only a few years old instead of twenty.

When does it end?

-More to come

No comments: