08 October 2008

Day two of new smile aka new smile part deux

So, here I am two days, 10 hours and 25 minutes as of the start of this post in to having a full upper denture. It's not as easy as I thought it'd be. Eating solid foods is doable. It's also a bit tough. Pun intended. Yeah, I can eat solid food. And I am enjoying doing so. It's the one thing I missed having while I had no teeth. I did eat some semi-solid foods and some more than semi-solids. Just not TRULLY solid. I just wish I had the lowers to go with the upper. I think it'd be easier to eat.

I also got to thinking today while I was working. It got to the point where I almost broke down. Yes, I almost cried. And, what's wrong with a guy who cries?
NUTTIN'!! imo.

You may ask why I almost cried. I'll tell you.
Having a full upper makes me feel old. People my age should not, I repeate, NOT
have dentures. Sure there are people my age who do have them. I just feel that aat
44 going on 45, I should not have them.

I knew a few years ago that I'd most likely need them I just didn't think it's be this soon. I guess that's what I get for not paying more attention to the brushing.
My own damned fault.

I'll keep y'all posted

-More to come.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hahaha im 28 and got all my teeth out 2 days ago. being old isnt the issue.