25 June 2008

My Job Pt. II

This week work picked up at my job. After two plus years of having only two
shifts, we now have three. After months of talk and wait, we got the order that we've been waiting for. 12MM pieces out the door by end of July. That's TWELVE MILLION pieces folks. 120k plus/shift. Minimum. That's 360k plus per day. Roughly 1.5 million every three days

I run a die cutter. I personally have cut 70k sheets in two days. Multiply that by 10. That's 700k pieces. That was a normal TOTAL order three months ago. Now it'll be the norm for two years. The total order is in the tens of millions.

Yeah, my job isn't the greatest in the world. It pays the bills and there are days when I enjoy what I do. There are other days that I dislike my job. Right now, we are all happier than we've been in months if not years.

I'll keep y'all posted on the happenings.

-More to come

No comments: